For the DCA Wrangler, you’ll need to have your data organization into monthly values, which is tricky if you have daily production data that you’re working with. The conversion, however, is simple in Spotfire. Follow these steps to convert daily to monthly:
- Select File > Add Data Tables…
- Select Source and choose your existing Daily production data from the current analysis
Before you press OK, we need to add some transformations:
- First, we need to Calculate new column, we need something to aggregate by and in this case it’s ProductionMonth. Use the expression: Date(Year([Date]),Month([Date]),1)
Now add the Pivot:
- for your Row identifiers choose your newly created ProductionMonth.
- for your Value columns and aggregation methods select Sum(BOPD)
- set your Column naming pattern to %V
- if you have metadata to pass through such as well name or API add it to your Transfer columns and aggregation methods
- Review the data and press OK.
You’re all set! Repeat the process to include GAS or NGLs.
Technical Director at Ruths.ai