This is a quick guide for upgrading to the latest version of Spotfire. I’m going to write this at a high-level so that Spotfire admins can benefit from a brief installation guide.
Apply the latest hotfix to Spotfire 7.0.1 (HF-007 in my case)
- Download hotfix package
- Turn off Spotfire server
- Run hotfix.bat
- Turn on Spotfire server to check
Install Spotfire 7.6
- Pick a new port
- Remember those node ports from the installation
- Run the upgrade tool
- Upgrade Spotfire upgrade tool
At this point I want to talk about some debugging I did:
- After executing the upgrade tool, I got a fatal error saying that there was a duplicate row in the groups database. The duplicate row was the Automation Services group. At the expense of AS, I decided to go into the Administration Manager and simply delete that group. I’m not sure if AS will work after the upgrade but that was OK for me.
- I got a bunch of warnings after the installation, one saying that I must install a MySQL5 database driver. I’ll check this afterward.
After the database has been successfully upgraded
- Run nm-setup.exe from the 7.6 installation folder
- Go into the deployment section of <your server>:<your port>/
- Upload the 7.6 deployment
- Upload the node deployment