- Are you connecting to data sources that update frequently?
- Would you like the DXP or web player file to reload data at a set interval?
- Would you like the DXP or web player to reload without hitting the reload button?
- Are you frustrated with the Spotfire Text Area?
- Do you find all the different languages that can be implemented in Text Areas confusing?
- Are unsupported HTML tags confusing and maddening?
- Would you like to make text areas look more visually appealing and professional?
Here, I’ve added a JS to my HTML Editor and named it buttonFunction.
In the my HTML Editor, I also see the same value as an ID attribute value preceded by “btn” for the DIV class. The Spotfire Control Id is in a separate Div Class towards the bottom of the script and is hidden from the display.
The result (from simple JS, CSS, and HTML) is a text area designed to look like a custom menu with clickable “buttons” that perform the action stored in the out-of-the-box Spotfire Control:
If you liked this and the previous posts, please let us know in the comments! We’d be happy to hear about your use-cases and any special design improvements that you’ve made!