- Do you want your Spotfire buttons to look stylish and clean throughout the entire analysis?
- Do you absolutely hate formatting each and every button in Spotfire?
Ruths.ai recently published a free template on the Ruths.ai Exchange that reads and writes data from/to MS Access. Under the covers, you’ll find two property controls and two data functions working with the RODBC package. Now, we know that templates are good, but being able to replicate the work is better. Users want to be able to recreate that functionality in their own files, which is why I am writing this post to explain the code and how everything fits together so you can recreate this functionality in your own DXP files. Before reading any farther, use this link to download a copy of the template and familiarize yourself with how it works.
- Do you know how to check which version of TERR is installed on your Spotfire installation?
- Are you unsure of which versions of R or RStudio to download so that you know it lines up with TERR?
- Did you have it all figured out but now you’ve upgraded and lost all the answers???
It’s FRIDAY!!! I know you are all looking forward to the weekend, but I learned something new again this week and wanted to share it. This little tip is related to filers and special characters.
List Box Filters & Special Characters
It turns out, the solution is really simple. Just ignore the special character. Don’t type it, and the search function in the filter will work.
This week, I was able to test out the latest and greatest changes to the Ruths.ai Data Science Toolkit. New options and features allow users to easily split test and training data sets prior to model building, as all good data scientists should! This new functionality speeds up your analysis by making model build and evaluation faster and more efficient. I worked up this video to demonstrate.
Data Science Toolkit for Spotfire
The Data Science Toolkit brings the power of advanced data science to Spotfire. Ruths.ai designed it with simplicity and efficiency in mind to support a wide range of analytics applications. This extension is coupled with comprehensive training that provides both beginner and experienced users a strong foothold in data science analysis. The Data Science Toolkit is available to Premium subscribers. Once deployed on your Spotfire server, quickly and easily access the toolkit via the Tools menu as shown below. Find out more, including videos, at this link.
Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone else on the Ruths.ai team to learn more about this amazing product. We love to talk about it!
- Are you the Spotfire Administrator for your company?
- Do you have access to the Administration Manager?
- Would you like to learn about a few settings that you could change to make Spotfire more user friendly?